Tuesday, January 5, 2010

STTN (Sleeping through the night)

So, Avery has decided to crawl a couple of crawls. She lifts up a leg and then moves her arms too! I got a video of it but thought I would just wait for her to get across the room. Also, I put her in her crib the other day to take a couple of photos. Well, I turned around grabbed my camera and by the time I looked back she had both hands on the railing and had pulled herself to the standing position (photo below). AND, last but not least in important Avery news we started crying it out! Night before last she woke up around 9:45pm while we were watching TV. We were in the middle of a show and I waited a minute or two. By the time I checked the monitor again she was back asleep. She woke up again and I let her put herself back to sleep. She ended up sleeping until 5:30am and I fed her and she didn't wake up until 9:00am! Last night I then decided it was time she sleep through the night...or atleast not get fed. So, when she woke up at 3am I didn't go get her. It wasn't long after she was back asleep, and then repeat at 6 and she was up by 7:45am! I'm thinking by Friday she will be sleeping through the night!!! Part of me wants to get up with her and feed her but I'm confident she will learn to eat more during the day. At night she polished a stage 2 food and a quarter of stage 1 as well!

Not really in Avery news but I've started doing "12 weeks to better photos" and at the end of the lesson they give you homework. So, below is my homework for getting better with the shutter speed! If anyone would like their picture taken I would love to practice!!!

The object she desires

Trying to capture those big beautiful brown eyes
She sticks out her tongue all the time now...again.
Apparently cherry wood tastes good
If you've never seen a baby determined to crawl this is the face one makes
"I think I want to eat the camera" - I think this looks nothing like her!
Low shutter speed
High - I think I get it!
Tada...I can pull myself up!

No comments: