Tuesday, March 1, 2011

we are pretty routine around here when it comes to naps and bedtime. i put avery down for her naps and daddy puts her down to bed. we usually read books, then i say goodnight, put her in her sleepsack, turn off the lights and daddy rocks her a little while she drinks her milk. he puts her down awake and she goes to sleep. we both go straight to the kitchen to grab our treat (because we deserve one after we get her down) and settle in the couch to watch our shows. i put avery to bed for the first 15 months or so but then we switched. it was a nice change and i enjoyed the little break. but, once a week or so mark is out and it's just us girls. avery is a total daddy's girl and i think we both needed last night. she never said dada and when he left she said buy bye. so we did things a little different. instead of reading books i turned off the lights and we rocked and i sung to hear. despite my horrible off key voice she kept asking for more. she eventually fell asleep in my arms. instead of rushing downstairs to watch the bachelor i decided to just hold on tight to my sweet girl. we probably rocked for about an hour until mark got home. of course he thought she was sick or there was something wrong with her. i realize my days of rocking my sweet girl to bed are numbered. she won't be in a crib forever and in 6 months our bedtime routine is going to change again. there is something so sweet about her being so comfortable in my arms and just falling asleep and then proceeding to drool all over my shoulder. i took a lot of mental pictures last night for her looking up at me just smiling!


i can't turn my back for one second these days!

she thinks she's funny

No comments: