Thursday, March 5, 2015

big girl

the number of posts with the title, big girl, probably need more hands than i have to count on. but, it's just so true. i don't know what i would without her. without her help. she tests my patience daily and she teaches me grace and how to forgive. she does things i know she doesn't want to do but does so please.

she's one amazing girl. 

so much beauty on the inside + out. i see so many things when i look at this picture. my house is in constant motion. kids always moving, asking for something, fighting over who knows what, wanting food, just busy kids. when i look at this picture i see a girl. a beautiful girl becoming a kid. a selfless child who is wants to help. who wants to be like me. i just think why on earth would you want to be like me? she's got a heart of gold this girl.2
from the day this girl made me a mom my world was changed. it took this tiny 7 lbs 9 oz baby to make me feel truly beautiful. for the first time in my life i felt strong. my body carried and grew this baby. i want her to know she is strong. she doesn't have to do something special to prove this to herself. she is smart. she doesn't have to be the smartest kid in her class because being smart isn't about the best at school. she can do absolutely anything she wants to do. but, i want her to do it for herself. i don't want her to do anything to please someone else. such a hard lesson to learn. i want to protect her from the outside world. from the magazine covers at the store she will soon learn to read. starting a new, big school in the fall where they don't pray before meals and go to chapel every week.
she is filled with sweet innocence. i wish she can hold onto that forever. 

No comments: