Wednesday, June 16, 2010

so i've been thinking about the first 2 months of avery's life and i remember not getting a lot of sleep and taking a lot of walks around the neighborhood. however, there is one day i do remember very well. avery was about 6 weeks old and i remember i couldn't believe how quickly the time had passed. we had daycare all lined up and i only had another 4 weeks or so to be at home with her. i was so worried about sending her to daycare. mark and i would get in bed and i just remember all of the things that would run through my head...what if she doesn't drink all her milk? what if she's crying and no one picks her up? what happens when she crawls for the first time? walks? can i send a video camera with her? the list went on and on in my head. of course i would only share one of these questions with mark at night and i remember his response so well. he said, "well, we will see her crawl for the first time and it will be the first time for us." but, it just wasn't the same in my mind. although, my response was something in agreement because i couldn't admit i was heart broken thinking about all the things i was going to miss. mark went to boston for work for the week. we talked every night, usually just about random stuff, except for one night when he said he didn't want avery to go daycare. i couldn't believe my ears. my response of course was "i don't want to go either." i made sure he was serious and let him know this was not a joking a matter. this was one of the happiest days of my life! i'll admit since then i've had moments, or days i should say, when i've thought how much i wouldn't mind just sitting in front of my computer and zoning out for a bit. but at the end of the day, no matter how crappy my day has been, i know i'm doing exactly what i was meant to do.

so after scanning through pictures it's so funny to see avery's facial expressions and her personality develop. the quality of the picture might not be as good but some of these are priceless!
this was the day i quit my job. i remember those pants were SO tight! aunt toby watched avery. she was frowning because she didn't want me to go!
she was about 6 weeks.
i used to put the phone up to avery's ear and my mom would talk to her! LOL!
i would put her in these dresses that i thought were so cute. then i would sit her up long enough to get one picture and then she would fall over! this series made me laugh! she was 7 weeks old here!
i'm tipping AHHH
oh well...

and now these are recent
i went to change the laundry and i thought she was right behind me...awesome!

we went swimming today. not sure how i feel about the light but thought i would overexpose and see what happened.

day 2 of birth :)
to say avery's life has been documented well so far would be an understatement. i'll spare you all the day by day videos but here is the morning i quit my job! :)

No comments: